Tuesday, August 1, 1995
- HR1579, introduced by Rep. Brown (D-OH), to require providers
of home infusion therapy to be licensed and to limit physician
referrals for home infusion therapy services in which the physician
has a financial interest.
- HR1614, introduced by Rep. Durbin (D-IL), to amend provisions
of Title XVIII of the Social Security Act relating to Medigap
policies to eliminate age rating in premiums.
- HR1668, introduced by Rep. Danner (D-MO), to establish a program
to control fraud and abuse in the Medicare program, and to increase
the amount of civil monetary penalties that may be assessed against
individuals and entities committing fraud against Medicare.
- S827, introduced by Sen. Pressler (R-SD), to amend the Internal
Revenue Code of 1986 to limit an employer's deduction for health-care
costs of its employees if the employer fails to honor its commitment
to provide care to retirees.
- S863, introduced by Sen. Grassley (R-IA), to amend Title XVIII
of the Social Security Act to provide for increased Medicare reimbursement
for physician assistants, to increase the delivery of health services
in areas that have a shortage of health professionals.
- S872, introduced by Sen. Bond (R-MO), to provide for establishment
of a modernized and simplified health information network for
use by Medicare and Medicaid.