July 01, 1995
- S5755, an amendment (no. 603) introduced by Sen. McConnell (R-KY), to reform the health-care liability system and improve health-care quality through establishment of quality assurance programs, was agreed to by voice vote.
- S5793, an amendment (no. 605) introduced by Sen. Wellstone (D-MN), to revise provisions regarding reports on medical malpractice data and access to certain information, was tabled by voice vote.
- S5800, an amendment (no. 608) introduced by Sen. Snowe (R-ME), to limit the amount of punitive damages that may be awarded in a health-care liability action, was agreed to by voice vote.
- S5931, an amendment (no. 611) introduced by Sen. Kyl (R-AZ), to place a limitation of $500,000 on noneconomic damages that are awarded to compensate a claimant for pain, suffering, emotional distress, and other related injuries, was tabled by voice vote.
- H1566, a bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code to make permanent the credit for clinical testing expenses for certain drugs and rare diseases or conditions was introduced by Rep. Johnson (R-CT).