Oncology NEWS International.
July 1, 1995
- S5755, an amendment (no. 603) introduced by Sen. McConnell
(R-KY), to reform the health-care liability system and improve
health-care quality through establishment of quality assurance
programs, was agreed to by voice vote.
- S5793, an amendment (no. 605) introduced by Sen. Wellstone
(D-MN), to revise provisions regarding reports on medical malpractice
data and access to certain information, was tabled by voice vote.
- S5800, an amendment (no. 608) introduced by Sen. Snowe (R-ME),
to limit the amount of punitive damages that may be awarded in
a health-care liability action, was agreed to by voice vote.
- S5931, an amendment (no. 611) introduced by Sen. Kyl (R-AZ),
to place a limitation of $500,000 on noneconomic damages that
are awarded to compensate a claimant for pain, suffering, emotional
distress, and other related injuries, was tabled by voice vote.
- H1566, a bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code to make permanent
the credit for clinical testing expenses for certain drugs and
rare diseases or conditions was introduced by Rep. Johnson (R-CT).
FROM PHYSICIANS PRACTICE
Five Steps to Improving Patient Access Judy Capko,
May 21, 2013
Patient access is getting increased attention through reform initiatives. Here are five steps you can take to make sure patients get appropriate access to care in your office.