Medical Director, Medical Oncology Services
JohnGSelf Associates, Inc.- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Area
This is a new position, created as the result of the organization’s strategy to become the regional market leader in cancer services in central Pennsylvania. The Medical Director will be responsible for directing physician clinical services as well as developing services and recruiting clinical professionals. This position will also maintain a clinical practice to complement their leadership duties.
Candidates who believe they can build a market leading, next-generation community model, patient-centers oncology program should strongly consider this excellent opportunity. The successful candidate will have an MD or DO degree from an accredited school of medicine and be Board-Certified in Medical Oncology. It is necessary to currently be licensed to practice medicine in the United States and to be in good standing with the medical board(s) in all states which issued licensure to practice medicine.
A minimum of ten years of successful clinical practice with five years specifically in a community oncology model having a strong patient-centered focus is required. Also required is a verifiable record of the highest standards of medical practice in Hematology-Oncology, accomplishment in medical oncology program development, accomplished leadership and relationship-building skills, oncology program expansion experience, physician and ancillary staff recruitment, a knowledge of strategic planning, business plan development with implementation experience of both and a demonstrated knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards.
The position will require relocation to the central Pennsylvania area. Our client will provide a competitive relocation package.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine from an accredited school of medicine
• Board-Certified in Medical Oncology
• Currently licensed to practice medicine in the United State and in good standing with medical boards
• Ten years clinical practice experience
• Five years in a community oncology practice model w/patient-centered focus
• Experience growing a medical oncology program
• Experience with recruitment of physicians and ancillary staff
• Depth of knowledge of strategic planning, business plan development and successful implementation
• Knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards
• Good written and oral communications
JohnGSelf Associates, Inc. provides executive-level and leadership acquisition solutions exclusively to the healthcare industry. In the medical industry, where change and innovation are part of the daily landscape, long-term, dependable partnerships have become an invaluable asset. At JohnGSelf, the enduring relationships we have earned with our clients and candidates have helped us attain a C-level retention rate twice the industry’s norm.
To apply send resumes to email@example.com