Key Points Regarding Maintenance Therapy for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Maintenance therapy is here to stay in the management of metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
- The current standard is capecitabine and bevacizumab, based on the results of CAIRO3.
- Not all patients require therapy, but it is difficult to determine which ones do and which do not. There are no markers to go by.
- We use “OPTIMOX,” but can we also use “OPTIMIRI”? I do.
- It is unclear how to handle maintenance therapy for mCRC if patients have received front-line treatment with an epidermal growth factor receptor antibody. There are no trials to guide us.